In Scotland, 1 in 22 homes are at risk from flooding. Roads, transport networks
and community facilities such as schools and health centres can be affected.
To help prepare for flooding here are some simple steps you can take to protect
your family and property;
- Sign up to Floodline to get free advance notice of flooding in your area.
- Have a flood plan and flood kit ready, with dry clothes, a torch and fresh water.
- Know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water supplies.
- Keep a list of contact numbers handy, including the Floodline number.
- Ensure that your property has insurance that covers flood damage
To learn more about preparing for flooding, download the following leaflets:
or visit the Floodline website by clicking on the logo below:
You may find that the following links from energy companies provide useful information for customers who need a little extra help: